Saturday 6 July 2013

Its an epidemic....

So I watched the wonderful Glastonbury Festival at the weekend on the TV as I couldn't afford to attend and I probably wouldn't have the necessary stamina for sleeping in a tent also getting up and down and needing to sit down could become a problem. By far the best bands were Chic feat. Nile Rogers and the Stones. I love love loved Chic's performance they were smooth, slick and ultra cool with their classic disco tracks I found the whole thing so uplifting I downloaded the show and have had it continually on my computer in my art studio, I was surprised to learn that Nile is a super talent and has written countless songs for other superstars like David Bowie, Diana Ross, and the biggest surprise was Daft Punk 'Get Lucky' which is at number 1 in the charts as I write this, the man is pure genius and I love how the music lifted me. So I just googled his name and came up with his website www.nilerogers.com on that website I was shocked to learn that he is also a cancer survivor he had extremely aggressive prostrate cancer and he writes about his experiences with the big c on a blog http://nilerodgers.com/blogs well worth checking it out he say's it like it is when your living in the shadow of cancer but its also incredibly life affirming. If the music doesn't get to you then the blog will. Its like a cancer radar so many people recently are either losing their fight or just diagnosed in the past 2 weeks 4 people I know have been dx with some form of this terrible disease, one of them was dx just last week with bone cancer and apparently has been given days to live!!! What is this shit? why so many people being affected? what is going on? surely we must be somewhere nearer to finding out what causes cancer, its doing my head in, everywhere I turn its there like a bad smell lingering. It feels like its at epidemic proportions, is it the end of humanity? I'm at a complete loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment