Monday 17 December 2012

An early Xmas Present.....

Hi everyone,
Last friday I went to the hospital for an appointment with my oncologist to receive the results of my bone scan and CT scan, the news is the bone scan came out clear and the CT is the same as the last one in other words I'm stable, this is fantastic news and I'm taking this as an cosmic early xmas present. Still doing herceptin once every 3 weeks by IV and taking Tamoxifen daily although I asked for a blood test to determine if I was still menopausal or too see what hormones I am still producing including estrogen, my onc seemed to think I was still producing estrogen which if I am would mean I should continue to take the dammed Tamoxifen if I am not then they can put me on a drug called Arimidex click on this link if you want to find out more about it http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertreatment/Treatmenttypes/Hormonaltherapies/Individualhormonaltherapies/Anastrozole.aspx it's supposed to be only for post menopausal women and like all these drugs comes with its own concoction of side effects BUT it appears that Arimidex does not cause weight gain which Tamoxifen unfortunately does and I had this fact confirmed by my onc who told me that the Tami definately does cause weight gain, uh yeah too flippin right try 2 bloody stone in weight first time ever in my life I've put on this much weight and I don't feel good on it, I've had a couple of falls and really bruised myself mainly due to taking clonidine which is now stopped but also I believe to rapid weight gain and not being used to the new me. I am wishing that I am post menopausal so that they can take me off the Tami and put me on the Arimidex. I did feel kind of uncomfortable chatting to my oncs registrar about this as she looks about a size 18 and didn't feel like discussing weighty issues with someone who obviously has had too live with weight problems. The upshot is that I have had a blood test and am now waiting for the results so will keep you all posted.
Love and light to all xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment