Friday 22 August 2014

Arimidex or NOT...... that is the question

So as many of you will know I have been kind of given the all clear see few posts below. All the scans are clear and there is currently no cancer anywhere whoopie! However, in place of the dammed Tamoxifen which I stopped taking on the 21st July I have been prescribed Arimidex because apparently I am now through the menopause. Last week I decided to have a look into the side effects of this particular hormonal drug and found to my horror even worse side effects than the Tami! My main ache on Tami was the weight gain and the migraines, on this new tablet the side effects are and I quote from real life stories cataracts and blindness!, more fucking weight gain, joint pain, migraines etc etc etc oh with the added high possibility that I will develop arthritis in my thumbs (already have problems with the thumbs) which would need operations!! WOW and they didn't tell me of any of these side effects when they prescribed it to me if they had of done I would of said a flat out NO THANKS. Feeling a bit livid with the docs and hospital for not telling me of this and have weighed it all up...... so if I take it I might prolong my life by a bit longer but I might go blind and have problems with my hands so wouldn't be able to paint and create its a no brainer really isn't it of course I'm not gonna take the shit, I'd rather not be here if I couldn't see the world to create my art. I have an appointment in October to see how I'm going on the Arimidex..... yeah right.....!!!!! not sure what I will tell them at the moment and quite honestly don't want to take anything else. Will continue on the Herceptin because in comparison the side effects are minimal and don't affect me that badly. I would be interested to hear from any of you reading about this drug Arimidex or by brand name Anastrozole and your experiences on this and if you find or recomend any of the other hormonal drugs to be better or with less horrible side effects. Please post a comment below and I will return the message. In place of prescribed drugs I sent off and received my first supply of 120 caps of DIM which I am going to take as a natural alternative to the hormonal's for further information see my report on it in the post titled "DIM definitely not stupid......"Many thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment