Monday 23 February 2015

Onc. appt. and a Cancer Cluster

Hi all, a quick up date on the results of the latest CT scan and its good I'm still in the stable mabel so can't grumble at that, they will continue to keep an eye on me and scan me etc. No real moans about the appt. either which makes a change the registrar that delivered the news was very nice and very happy to give me some good news. So all is ok at the moment.

Now on the subject of Cancer Cluster I feel I need to share that I've recently found out that 3 of my  ex work colleagues have also been diagnosed with breast cancer 2 of us with secondary breast cancer. This news has floored me!! Could it be down to where you work which in some way has caused cancer? I keep asking myself is it just a coincidence and just cannot accept that this is so. We all worked in an small open plan office at the back of a very old tudor building for around 6 years, I worked as a designer on an old style Mac and the others were proof readers who sat behind me. One of whom is currently fighting for her life as the bastard has spread onto her brain. We're all around the same age. I worked there from my mid to late 30's and then moved down to Devon where I continued to work for the same company. So, what to do about this ummm...... so I've been advised by a fellow breast cancer patient to contact the Alliance for Cancer Prevention Authority here's there link http://allianceforcancerprevention.org.uk/#!/about/ and tell them the story. I'm also contacting former employee's to find out if there is anyone else who has had a breast cancer dx who worked in the same office. Once I've collated the information I will work out what to do about this. I can't leave this alone its just too much of a coincidence and if when we get to the bottom of this it does work out that I was working in a ticking cancer bomb heads will fucking roll. I owe it to myself and all the other women who have worked there and have or are unfortunate to develop breast cancer and all the women that haven't worked there but are going to, someone has to do something and that someone is clearly me.

Here's a link to a famous breast cancer cluster in Australia where 20 women were dx all working for the ABC media corporation in the same building. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqYNysfBlo
and another about a group of men nearly 40!! based in an American arm camp all dx with breast cancer
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2012/05/camp-lejeune-marines-breast-cancer-florence-williams

No comments:

Post a Comment