Friday 25 April 2014

I've hit the f*@k it button........

WARNING EXTREME SWEARING

As the title of this post suggest's the hospital have failed me once again. The final final straw was they forgot my Herceptin (this is the wonder drug thats keeping me alive!) not a minor thing fairly major in my opinion this coupled with the fact that my CT scan was booked for June with results in July way way to long to wait and other stuff like lying to me they told me that I was one of 2 patients in Devon that received my drugs via health care at home and that it wasn't cost effective, this is a down and out lie as I talked to the nurses that used to come to the flat and give me my drugs they told me there were at least 25 patients. So the upshot is I've bitten the bullet and gone to my GP who is referring me to Taunton hospital, I've heard good things about this hospital and kept thinking about changing hospital but there always seemed to be some scan or other vital appointment looming on the horizon that kept me going to Derriford. My GP agreed that it just wasn't acceptable and as a result I have been left feeling like I've lost all confidence in my hospital. When its literally a matter of life or death you have to go with what feels right and Taunton definitely does feel right. Yes its a bit of a slog 100 miles to be exact but its got to be worth it to get top treatment. Taunton hospital is newer and has a brand new cancer clinic including cyber knife it goes without saying this makes it all the more attractive to someone with advanced breast cancer. Another plus is that as Taunton has the approval for delivering health care at home for sub-cut Herceptin I will be able to have it delivered to my door, crazy isn't it!!! I live out in the sticks and work from home also don't drive so its difficult for me to get to the main hospital and as I qualify for health care at home I would like to have it at home and not be fobbed off with a load of shite.

Been hopping mad about NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) (not so nice) decision to pull the life saving drug TDM1 (Kadcyla) therefore anyone who is not already receiving this drug like myself wont be able to apply to have it in the future. So if Herceptin fails me then there is nothing else I can try. To say I am mad angry and plain fucked off is an understatement. Again I ask why oh why do we bother raising funds via charities so they can use that money to develop drugs that they then wont give to us!!!!!! crackers huh!!!! The argument goes that it cost 90,000 per year to treat someone as the drugs company that developed it Roche charge a fortune for it, lets not forget that its us that has raised the cash in the first place for the wankers to develop it in the first fucking place. Also that it only gives 6 months of extended life. Bollocks in a nut shell this is a complete fabrication I personally know at least 5 women who are receiving this drug who have been on it at least 4-5 years and they are happy, healthy with minimum side effects more importantly they are alive!! so to say it only extends by 6 months is giving the general public the impression that its not worth spending all that money for such little amount of time. Absolute fuckers......I hope they all rot in hell........heaven forbid any of those that make these decisions might need the fucking drug...... So now I've got to hope and pray that Herceptin works for a very very long time otherwise I'm as good as dead........thanks NICE/Roche you fuckers......

Other news Mitzi (my mummy cat) has returned from her wanderings, it was beginning to look like we'd lost 2 cats in the space of a fortnight!! she came home last night at 1 in the morning with rabbit fleas on her ears and a tick on head of course we had to remove the critters before we could go to sleep, however all is forgiven just to have her home safe with us.

All in all a very bad week infact a hell of a month can't wait for sodding April to end. Here's to the 1st of May lets hope its a darn sight better than this bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment