Thursday 3 July 2014

Sunshine and shadows.....

Its been a while since I posted on here I suppose I've been trying to get back some sort of normality to my daily life which doesn't include cancer. Having said that the fucking shit is always just round the corner and I find I can never really forget about it. Last week it was an MRI scan on a sunday morning!! this week its a Herceptin shot at the local outreach clinic and of course on a daily basis I am still taking the dammed Tamoxifen, don't really stand much chance of forgetting about it do I? added to which I have a CT scan booked for next tuesday with results d-day booked for the 8th of August and so I'm back on the treadmill that is the waiting game....... I feel bad moaning about this when its such a beautiful day out there all blue skies and summer heat but as the title of this post suggests there is shadows and I'm experiencing one of those day's where I feel deflated, most of my problems lie in the fact that I don't recognise myself anymore, I quite simply don't look like Sarah anymore, the monumental weight gain caused by the Tamoxifen, the pubic hair on top of my head where my beautiful brunette waist length straight hair used to be also toe nails falling off and nails on hands looking decidedly doggy urghhhhh........... think you probably get the picture I'm on an off day, sometimes I ponder about not taking the drugs and seeing what happens when I voice this opinion others around me give me a telling off and make me feel guilty for feeling like this but I can't help it I bloody hate it! I just want to look like me again and not some super inflated, puffed up, doddery version of myself this shit seriously ages you over night. I've started to sub-conciously avoid seeing anyone or going anywhere which is pretty easy to do when you live in a rurally isolated location. A friend of mine is coming over from Australia she's asked to come and see me we haven't seen each other for 15 years, I would dearly love to see her but I just can't face the look of utter shock on her face when she clocks me! I just want to hide away and never see anyone again. This is getting serious....... think I need to tell the doctors about how I am feeling, need for them to try something different, something with less horrendous side effects, or they need to address this chronic depression. Talking of side effects I've read about Herceptin recently and found out that it does affect your blood count didn't realise this and adds to the misery.....


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah

    I just typed a really long comment and then it disappeared on me!

    I'm so sorry to hear you had a "shadow" day yesterday. You have every right to feel aggrieved and if I was you I'd be throwing the medication out of the window too.

    I've had 2 sessions of Reiki and I must say it has a made a big difference to my emotional state as well as physical. My healer will only see me on my week off chemo, as I'm on Cape which is 2 weeks on 1 week off. She feels that the effectiveness of Reiki will be compromised whilst on chemo.

    I wanted to let you know that the "seeds" we planted are doing so well and they are already in a vegetative state. We think that in 7 weeks time we will get a harvest and be able to cook the "oil" which I'm excited about.

    I'm doing ok and managing side effects of Cape well although I do have my grotty days where I can't be bothered to do anything at all!

    I think you should see your friend from Australia because a true friend is only interested in what's inside Sarah not the outside. You are a beautiful strong woman inside which will shine on the outside, remember that.

    My partner has booked a road trip to Italy, flying to Venice, then driving to Lake Garda, Florence, Rome and Amalfi Coast. I'm over the moon as my family live in Rome, I'm originally from there. It will be an emotional visit as they haven't seen me since before my first diagnosis back in 2012.

    Sending you love and light always
    Dani XX

    ReplyDelete