Sunday 19 July 2015

Hypothyroidism and Breast Cancer

A quick post first of all today I've just come across the connection between breast cancer and underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism). It would seem many women are suffering with side effects from having this problem with there thyroid. Of course again our dr's and onc's don't agree that it is caused by breast cancer treatments BUT and it seems to be associated and is happening. Here's a list of some of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid gland:

Weight gain (urghhhhhhh the bain of my fucking life)
Extreme tiredness
Being sensitive to the cold
Depression (another urghhhhhhh had meltdown whilst out in Totnes thought I was having a nervous breakdown!)
Dry skin and hair
Muscle aches
Blurred Vision
and they go on and on and on!!!!! I'm not kidding see this page for the full symptom rundown its excessive to say the least!

So you've guessed it I'm going to the Dr's to be tested for this as so far I tick all the boxes. If it is an underactive thyroid then they will put me on Levothyroxine hormone tablets to raise the thyroxine levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment