Wednesday 18 January 2012

End of the rads tunnel is in sight!

Did my rads first thing this morning, not going too bad getting used to putting my arm in the position, only 5 more sessions to go then I'm done YAY. Had my Herceptin IV, they are now arranging for me to have this at home, which would save me going to the hospital and the less time I spend in there the better.

Attended a skin clinic after rads session yesterday was told my skin looked fine and too be honest only a small amount of physical discomfort to report, still using my Aloe Vera Gel 99.9% bottle this seems to be keeping my skin in good condition and not too sore.  Tiredness is another issue, I am feeling very very tired in the afternoon's and if I am at home I have a snooze for half an hour, I find this really helps and keeps me going until bedtime.


The weather is really bad today so I didn't go anywhere after rads just did my food shopping and came home. Had a rather lovely chat with a couple of ladies in a charity shop, the manager knows me but has not asked me what is wrong with me ever since I've been dx she commented that I did not have my hat on and that my hair looked good, another lady in the shop commented that she thought my hair looked really good and was considering having her hair cropped like mine, little comments from well meaning strangers can go a long way to making you feel better :o)

Stroll on next wednesday when finally all the treatments will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment