Saturday 7 January 2012

The day from hell!!!

Yesterday I woke up with a banging migraine headache accompanied by the usual nausea/sickness I say usual cause before I was thrown into early menopause by the chemo I used too suffer this migraine/sickness every month with my period, so yesterday woke up feeling terrible and this time was actually sick so phoned the hospital to tell them I was sick cause I am on day 3 of rads, the radiographer told me to still come in as the drs would want to see me, eventually made it into hospital (takes 45 minutes to get there) and was sick on the way twice, saw my onc (which surprised me as I never get to see him its always his registrar) told him about my history with migraines and periods but he decided we needed to scan my head, What!!! just to make sure I didn't have cancer on the brain!!!! What!! This thought never crossed my mind and totally freaked me out understandably, so no waiting 2 weeks for an appointment in to the CT scanner straight away I didn't have to drink the nasty tasting drink they give you straight on the ct scan bed for a brain scan within an hour they told me it looked fine and that I probably did just have a migraine, then I saw the registrar who was concerned that I may have meningitis ummmm where did that come from meningitis!! During all of this I was being sick almost on the hour every hour running into toilets in the hospital and throwing my guts up, it was the 2nd worst day of my life I say 2nd cause DX day get's to be the 1st and worst. I tried to take some pain killers for the migraine but they didn't work and I threw them up anyway, eventually my onc came back to me and said I could either have my rads treatment or go home I choose to go home and crawl into bed where eventually I managed to get rid of the headache and with that gone the sickness went. What a day tho, I mean it was an utter nightmare from beginning to end. I think maybe it was my usual migraine/sickness/period thing but I haven't had a period for 9 months and I am still on herceptin and tamoxifen, I'm wondering what triggered it, maybe the rads will enquire further and keep posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment