Tuesday 10 January 2012

Radiation, juicing, and the wii

Been zapped with the radiotherapy today day 4 got to go everyday until the 25th Jan, went fine yesterday and today was feeling very tired/fatigued yesterday and ended up sleeping in the afternoon, feel ok today went out for a walk this afternoon very refreshing and feel better for it. Thinking that the episode I had last friday with the migraine/sickness was to do with my hormones as originally thought and not a reaction to the rads thankfully, cause I got a long way to go with the rads.

Started green juicing today first time since the beginning of the year I was going to wait until I'd finished this last lot of treatment but decided that it wont hurt to start juicing now even if I'm still eating stuff I should not be like chocolate and carbs like potatoes, will stop eating all bad foods when I've finished the rads until then I feel I going to eat what I want when I want. Have too say that the juicing is going well and I don't mind that its winter and cold, a lot of people complain that juicing in the winter does not suit them, I can relate to this but have built up a tolerance for juicing as I have been dong this since the beginning. I'm going to start a page with my own juicing recipes.

We were given a wii for xmas and I started doing yoga on it today, its quite good but will keep you posted of my progress, there is a class in the next village but it cost a whopping £5 quid and I just cannot afford that every week so next best thing is the wii at least it tells you if your doing the moves right.

1 comment:

  1. hi

    great idea to do this blog and i love the title, that's exactly how it feels 'fighting the beast within'.

    i agree with you so much on the importance of looking at other aspects of your life, so many people rely on medical advice only and then 'hope for the best'. The medical profession can't and don't have all the answers, we have to help ourselves too.

    glad the sickness wasn't due to the rads after all - that day must have been so awful for you.

    yoga is fantastic, i do mine by dvd (not as often as i would like)but it settles my mind and allows me a 'calmness'. i got a juicer for christmas which is brilliant so looking forward to your recipes!

    Good luck and i hope writing your blog helps you in your fight.

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete