Tuesday 31 July 2012

A moment of clarity

Apologies to anyone who was offended by my last post but its true I really did need to get that off my chest and out into the open, now I can move on and have found that quite profound words are coming to me from out of the blue.

If you live like each day is your last you appreciate the tiny things in life so much more, if you were told that this day is your last would you choose to spend it cleaning out the closet? or would you choose to spend it with friends family? what is important to you? how would you choose to spend the last day of your life? This is the question I am faced with at the start of every day, and it is the difference between living with cancer and living without cancer, there can be no off days, no lazy days, no wasteful days, everything has purpose and meaning even the mundane has a relevance.

I am living with cancer therefore I am living without the luxury of ignorance or complacency, the daily struggles that everyone takes for granted are no longer presented as an annoyance they are challenges, obstacles to be approached with courage and an open mind. My life before cancer was like walking around with your eyes shut, I feel like I have woken up, I am aware, my intelligence, my soul, and my heart are revived I am seeing with fresh eyes and feeling with new emotions. I believe we all with cancer or without need to ponder our existence, stop taking life for granted, people need to experience life as though they were children once again, what advice would you give to your child like self?


No comments:

Post a Comment