Thursday 2 August 2012

Heart scan and coffee....

Yesterday I went for my 3 monthly heart scan with the cardiologist, to check that my heart is up to the Herceptin, it can unfortunately affect your heart muscle and if your numbers (don't ask me what or how they do this) are below 50bpm (beats per minute I presume!!) then they will stop the herceptin. This was quite a shock and sent me on a massive worry trip, the research I did informed me (from a couple of lady's on the forum) that before the scan if you drink a cup of coffee (no decaf) this will increase your heart beat, so yesterday I did (feel a bit naughty) but it worked I think my numbers have been going steadily down 1st one was 76bpm 2nd one was 72bpm 3rd one was 67bpm and the latest one was 64bpm all of these numbers are acceptable and the cardiologist told me everything looked fine, just don't want to chance them stopping this drug it could be saving my life. Left the hospital as high as a kite because I've given up caffeine no tea or coffee unless its decaf, so the strong real coffee nearly blew my head off lol. Feeling fine and looking forward to a fun filled week of hospital appointments and treatments! I am actually looking forward to the acupuncture session because believe it or not I think I've cracked the constipation problem and I believe its the acupuncture, so one down two more to go, here's hoping she can sort out the migraines and the hot flushes, you can only live in hope.

Also started doing the yoga exercises on the wii and its actually ok, was a bit worn out afterwards but feel its the way too go, also want to try Tai Chi and Qigong as I've heard this is good for breast cancer here's a link to a youtube vid on the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk98bYswqhI&list=PL530E7008CDB43EBB&feature=plcp there are a few more in the series all worth a watch if your interested.


Stay healthy and happy love sarahx

1 comment:

  1. Yoga has been an absolute sanity saver for me, breathing exercises to help you find some calm, stretching exercises for reluctant shoulder post op, and a brilliant teacher to show me little things that might help. Caffeine's out for me too....just working on my chocolate habit now....!
    Ali H

    ReplyDelete