Saturday 4 August 2012

Ciao, adios, aux revoir, bye......

Today I left the breast cancer care site partly because of the fact that since the website and forum were revamped it has not been working properly, you can write a well thought out reply only to have it deleted just as your going to post it, this is both frustrating and annoying, also I have always kept my comments as polite and courteous as possible I was brought up this way and I don't see it as a bad trait on a couple of occasions others have decided to just be either plain horrible or just bitchy, basically if you don't want to join in a conversation no ones forcing you too join in and if you don't like what your reading then don't go there, no one is forcing anyone to comment or to read it, you should only really comment if you have anything relevant to add to the thread, the breast cancer care forum is not a place for others to dig at you, I think hormones play a big part in all of this, I know I can be tetchy at times and yes I do loose my rag but honestly some of the other comments are so upsetting, I only ever commented on the forum to either a) ask a question or for some support/advice especially at the beginning, b) to try and help others and give them my views especially since I have researched extensively and write this blog to try and make sense of all the information out there it helps to speak with someone who has already gone through the whole treatment process, c) support and understanding, were all in the same boat. Instead I shall be using the private group on Facebook where all the ladies are so friendly and we all support and help each other out, we all have secondaries it helps that we appreciate what it is to have to live with cancer. Subject now closed and moving on.

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry to hear you've had a tough time of it on the BCC forums. You were a MASSIVE help to me when I was first diagnosed and climbing the walls with fear after being told I too had lung mets, I really can't thank you enough.

    I hope you'll continue with the blog - I'm lazy and you've saved me masses of research :o)

    ReplyDelete