Monday 17 September 2012

Light a candle, say a prayer...

It is with a heavy heart like a ton weight bearing down on me that I bring you the sad sad news about BCC forum poster Karen aka SCACO (staycalmandcarryon) who has passed away. I don't know the full details all I could find was comments on an 'in memory' thread on the forum, it would appear that she had developed secondaries, apparently whilst on holiday and was taken from us very very quickly. SCACO was a great friend to me when I was first dx she was always so positive and upbeat, she was a clever lady with a great sense of humour. Taken way too soon (I think she was late 30's). It seems that it was a very quick exit and I hope she did not suffer in pain for long.

SCACO is now the tenth woman I have become friends with over the past 18 months that has passed away from breast cancer. I hate this fucking disease its so warped and twisted there is no rhyme or reason to it. I pray every day that they find the cause for this absolute nightmare of a disease, at least then we might have a cure.

"God, it's so hard to stay positive when all around you is the utter chaos of cancer and its associated outcomes, please give me strength and courage to carry on and in the process to support and help others. Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment