Friday 14 September 2012

The bigger picture.....

Yesterday was a complete wash out here, it just would not let up on the rain, we have enough now!!!! Unfortunately due to the weather and yet another migraine I was forced into a sofa and pj's day, instead of going over to Glastonbury as previously posted, so cant report on that at the moment although will be driving in the next couple of weeks to collect the Red Spring waters.

Since being dx with this disease I have been forced to look at the world through renewed eyes (no rose tinted specks for me!!!) this new way of being has led to some life altering special moments. These poignant reminders of our fragility those special moments that say loud and clear THINK ABOUT IT or TAKE NOTICE, are normally very few and far between in an ordinary life but to someone afflicted with a life threatening prognosis they can come thick and fast. My most recent 'moment' came whilst watching the BBC 2 Horizon programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01mgllj/ all about mapping the universe, yes thats right they are mapping the universe, crazy but true, now I'm no brain of britain so some of what they talk about goes over my head like blah blah and general babble, occasionally some of it actually seeps into the old grey matter and I have a eureka moment. Its hard to put into words exactly what I have realised but something has twigged inside and brings me enormous comfort, maybe its the imagery they use in the programme showing you how infinite the universe is, the size of it is just mind boggling, our planet looks like nothing more than a speck of dust in the whole scheme of things, or maybe its because when you actually think about it you are faced with life's ultimate questions, the meaning and purpose you cannot deny the existence of something else, something totally awesome you just can't contemplate it. People dress this up as religion or god and I never doubt that there is an existence beyond the one we are bound to live on this planet, I believe in spirit and soul, I cannot accept that when we die that is it, we witness miracles everyday and the wonder of nature constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment