Thursday 31 January 2013

Kinesiology.....all change......

Attended my appointment for Kinesiology (*see at the bottom for explanation) with a lovely lady by the name of Irene, I was pretty sceptical before I went in for the appointment and decided that as its quite expensive (£40 per half hour session) it would be a one-off to check that I'm not lacking in a specific vitamin or supplement. How wrong can you be?? Irene operates from her home and has a room with a bed and charts all over the wall, all looks very good, prior to going in I had filled in a form detailing my health issues and what supplements and diet fads I had. She asked straight away for my blood group of which I did not know "no problem, she said I can give you that" a small prick on the index finger and we had enough blood to put to the test it showed that I am A positive (this cost an extra £10)  (I did ask my GP and Onc. but they didn't know my blood group, or so they say, of course they know as I've had surgery!!!!!) So now armed with what blood group I am she produced as booklet A4 sized of about 8 sheets of paper listing Highly beneficial, Neutral and Avoid everything is listed under one of these sections, red meat (as I'd always thought) is a complete no no (good job I don't eat the stuff then eh!) Unfortunately there was a lot of stuff I do eat that are in the dreaded Avoid section including cows milk, butter, wheat, certain nuts, seeds, beans, oils (far too many to mention) and surprisingly anything remotely orange including the daily vit c supplement that I take, so it would seem a revised clear out of the larder and supplement shelf is in order. uhhhhhhhhhhh thought I'd bloody covered it all when I went on my year long research bender, flipping hell.

In addition to the blood group diet she also got me to lie on the table where she proceeded to perform a series of moves known as Kinesiology on me I was to resist when she pushed on me this gave her the information she needed to ascertain that both my kidneys and liver were damaged probably due to the toxins in the chemo and apparently the bad supplements I have imposed on myself. Ironically when she tested the part of my body that coincides with the lungs she said "nothing wrong with your lungs good and healthy" this has pleased me no end :0) happy dance.

There was I thinking I was on top of everything when in fact some of the stuff I've been taking has been hindering me or making my poor liver and kidneys function worse! So the upshot is I'm going to have to start again on the supplement and diet content.

Irene prescribed I buy Vitamin B/Complex with added magnesium to my arsenal as well as something called Milk Thistle Tincture and Vitamin C (bought from a reputable store see below links*) and Vit D but again in liquid format. Irene also told me not too buy anything from Holland and Barratt oh dear!!! yep you guessed it thats where I get all my stuff she recommended a couple of brands Viridian and A. Vogel both are excellent organic producers but unfortunately they are expensive. So I've put away all my supplements (not throwing them away yet) and kept out the few she agreed I could continue taking, so my supplements list looks something like this at the moment.

x1 Opti Bac for Immunity
x3 Acai Berrie
x2 Turmeric capsules
x1 B/Complex with Magnesium
x2 Vitamin C (with no orange in it)
x2 20 drops in water of Milk Thistle Tincture
Vitamin D in spray formula

All of this was for me personally and for someone with a A+ blood group, so if anyone is interested in Kinesiology I would suggest that you go on this site http://www.kinesiologyfederation.co.uk to find a qualified practitioner in your area and try and find out your blood group from your doctor if your like me and had surgery they will have your blood group somewhere on file.

Links to verified brands http://www.avogel.co.uk and http://www.viridian-nutrition.com
Blood type diet book writer Dr Peter D Adamo http://www.dadamo.com/ and if your blood type A and have breast cancer then this is worth a read http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/specificdiseasesbreast_cancer_blood_type_a.htm

*The Kinesiology Federation gives the following definition:
'Kinesiology, literally the study of body movement, is a holistic approach to balancing the movement and interaction of a person's energy systems. Gentle assessment of muscle response monitors those areas where blocks and imbalances are impairing physical, emotional or energetic well -being. The same method can identify factors that may be contributing to such imbalances. The body's natural healing responses are stimulated by attention to reflex and acupressure points, and by use of specific body movements and nutritional support. These can lead to increased physical and mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.'

No comments:

Post a Comment