Friday 11 January 2013

Kundalini Yoga.....Breathe in......Breathe out.......

"Go inside and listen to your inner voice. Every question has an answer. Your soul is full of wisdom and knows the way" Yogi Bhajan (1929 - 2004)

I've started yoga and so far so good, Kundalini Yoga teaches you the art of relaxation and self-healing with mental elevation, it balances the body and mind and enables you to experience clarity. Using Pranayama (breathing) as a means to focus the mind and turn off the internal chatter, Kundalini is not a religion and is practiced for it health benefits by different people of all faiths. This is a gentle form of yoga and I didn't feel that I had overly exerted myself just gently toned and focused my mind. Afterwards I could feel I had done some exercise but was feeling so invigorated that I went out for a walk with my neighbour and her dogs and managed to go the full 5 miles (admittedly with a lot of breaks) but I still just about managed it and again feel amazing and full of vitality.

I've booked up for 5 more sessions of yoga and will keep everyone informed of my progress.

Five Sutras for the Aquarian Age

1. Recognize that the other person is you
2. There is a way through every block
3. When the time is upon you, start and the pressure will be off
4. Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times
5. Vibrate the cosmos, the cosmos shall clear the path




No comments:

Post a Comment