Wednesday 28 October 2015

Fatty Liver anyone?

So, been looking at my CT scan reports as so often it takes time to come down off the euphoric response to a clean good scan result and then to gradually digest the medical wank. Medical wank is my term for there usage of words in describing the observations of the scan. So what the fuck does "generalised hepatic steatosis" actually mean well in short it means I have a nonalcoholic fatty liver. I actually don't drink never really did even before I was dx so it is by no means anything to do with alcohol. How does this affect me well I don't really know but I found out that it was probably caused by Tamoxifen here's a link to an article explaining the connection http://livertox.nih.gov/Tamoxifen.htm  ok so I am hoping you've read that link and now understand why Tamoxifen would affect your liver. My burning question is why don't they mention this when they prescribing the stuff? urghhhhhhhh makes me so bloody angry, we should be informed about the side effects including fucking up your liver prior to taking the stuff. Tamoxifen strikes again....... of course being obese due to the dammed drug also contributes to guess what? you've guessed it 'fatty liver'. Going to look further I know Milk Thistle is excellent as is Dandelion for the Liver so I will be uping my intake of those 2 and looking into other Liver helping alternatives. I am so glad I don't take Tamoxifen anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment