Thursday 9 April 2015

The Estrogen Effect (EE)

Ok so been up since stupid o'clock with usual migraine to greet the day Nice NOT!!
However, the plus side to being awake at this un earthly hour is you see some cracking sunrise's and you think a lot. This morning brain wave was about Estrogen and what I've noticed so far in relation to estrogen rich cancer (cancer cells that feed off of it ie ER+ my path is 4/8). It doesn't make any sense as a female your body produces estrogen it not only informs your gender its beneficial to bone health and a  load of other very important things. So why has my body decided to use the very thing that makes me a woman to feed the rogue cells???? I suppose its the million dollar question isn't it but it just doesn't make any sense at all, its not pro life in any shape or form. A few other things I've noticed about estrogen are:

When on Tamoxifen or any other estrogen blocker my mood is better I mean its really better I am happy smiling and content even though I should be depressed cause I've put on 5 stone and don't look like myself anymore YET I am happy.

The last point was tested when I all of a sudden had a period last month (first one in 4 years) just prior to the period my partner noticed that I was visibly spotty, moody, angry, depressed and generally down in the mouth he said "its like you were before you got cancer" this statement kind of took me back, when I thought about it I wasn't very happy or upbeat before cancer I was very very depressed. So it's got me thinking that if its such a important part in making up who we are what sex why is it a case of can't live with and can't live without?

What Estrogen doe's for your body?
It's a chemical messenger carrying information and instructions from one group of cells to another. In the human body, hormones influence almost every cell, organ and function. they regulate our growth, development, metabolism, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, the way our bodies use food, the reaction to our bodies to emergencies and our moods. In more detail they:
Feeds your bone's
Determines metabolic rate (how well you burn off fat)
Informs your body how to regulate your heat
Is the most feminine of all the hormones helps us to have babies and feed them on milk
Personally makes me feel like shit, depressed, angry, moody not happy, spotty chin and jaw line

If you block or stop estrogen what are the repercussions?

Brittle Bones and Joint Pain (Osteoporosis)
Ageing (in my case prematurely due to early menopause)
Weight Gain urghhh...........
Hot flushes again urghhh.......
Facial hair (thankfully I've not experienced this joy)
Unaturally Happy moods even in the face of death!!!

I'm calling this the Estrogen Effect any thoughts on this please share in a message.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment