Tuesday 14 February 2012

Plant Power Rules

The power of nature to triumph over adversity has yet again proved itself to me, I have always had an affinity with nature, instinctually I love all nature from animals to plants, it is ironic that chemotherapy is developed from plants or from trees like the very poisonous yew tree, or mistletoe. Just watched a documentary on the Himalayas (check it out on the iplayer or BBC 4) at the end of the documentary they discussed the importance of the native plants of that region mainly plants from the Peony and Rhododendron families that have long been used by the local people as healing aids, a scientist from the millennium seed bank at kew spoke of how these plants are being studied in the use of healing and curing of such diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes's and Cancer to make the plants the pharmaceutical's of the future, these plants are in danger of extinction due to climate change with global warming proving to be a real threat, thankfully kew are collecting and storing seeds all the time to help avoid extinctions of this kind. I believe the key to finding a cure for cancer is in nature and plants and that we are tantalizingly on the cusp of finding the cure, until that time drinking green juice and smoothies will help in some way to prolong life for those of us afflicted with this terrible disease, I hope and pray it is long enough to find the cure for this blight of society.

The documentary was so beautiful and thought provoking, I think it must of been one of those 'thin places' (I mentioned in previous post) as I could not contain the tears, intuitively I know this is a very special spiritual place.

1 comment:

  1. I really, really wanted to watch this but slept through it - and then was awake half the night. Blast this cancer anxiety! Oh hang on a minute, you're right - I might be able to catch it on i-player. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete