Saturday 6 April 2013

Back to Buckfastleigh........

I posted a little over a year ago about dropping into Buckfast Abbey after a particularly fraught session of radiotherapy and on entering the actual Abbey was over come with emotion and tears, I later found out via a vicar friend of mine that what I was experiencing was to do with the fact that I was in a holy place or as the celtic peoples called it 'thin places' a place where heaven and earth overlap because of this particularly sensitive people like myself are moved to tears with sheer emotion, on this visit I am happy to report a much happier me and no more tears, the Abbey is a special place but I take the lack of emotion or tears as a good sign of my own strength and healing, I lit a candle and said a prayer for our recent loses ie: Laurie and Lisa god bless them, and I wrote out a message to the monks asking them to continue to pray for myself and all others affected by this disease. When I left the Abbey the sun had come out and it truly feels like spring albeit a little bit late.

Other things have been happening, I've started painting again, this is a big positive as I thought I'd never paint again, I am currently painting my contribution to the Royal Academy in submission for the Summer Show 2013 its the first time I've ever entered.

I woke up this morning and had a prophetic dream in so far as I could remember it word for word and I had a message from an old friend weirdly enough a friend that I associate with horses and today is....Grand National Day.... so in the spirit of nothing ventured nothing gained I've put a couple of bets on, see if my prediction will come true, if nothing else it adds a bit of excitement.

Regular readers will know that I've been looking to move this has proved to be very difficult as basically I am without a job (made redundant then got breast cancer) and my partner was made redundant so we are skint and currently living on benefits (which is very hard) I have done some work from home but its never enough, in order to move we need about 2 grand (we rent) I've tried selling everything, my partner has picked up bits of work but nothing concrete and permanent, luckily we did have one asset worth a thousand pounds and this has now sold today, so we have a grand towards the big move. I'm hoping that things will carry on improving and we will continue on this lucky streak, we deserve some good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment